Baba-Nyonya is the culture which descended from the Chinese population which immigrated to Malacca, Malaysia between the 15th and 17th centuries. The Chinese culture of the newcomers intermingled with Malay and was then influenced by British colonial rule.
This convergence of cultural backgrounds produced unique characteristics resulting in what is now Baba-Nyonya and that mixing of traditions and heritage reflects the essence of the Baba's ideology, "Harmony in diversity", the core philosophy of looking to achieve a harmonious relationship between people.
This series of jewelry designs "Harmony Nyonya" uses the symbol of the "Phoenix Peony" from the Baba-Nyonya culture to represent trust, respect, tolerant ,understanding and thanskgiving. Through combinations of colors and symbols, it attempts to display the beauty and appreciation of harmony in Baba-Nyonya culture. This series of designs endeavors to continue the spirit of Baba-Nyonya traditions while aesthetically innovating through contemporary jewelry design.
< The Series of Jewelry Design >
Heart of Trust : https://en.pinkoi.com/product/jB7PJaZs
Heart of Respect：https://en.pinkoi.com/product/kcCbQ3ws
Heart of Understanding：https://en.pinkoi.com/product/GrvmiwxY
Heart of Torelant：https://en.pinkoi.com/product/UTSqbm7t
Heart of Thanksgiving：https://en.pinkoi.com/product/R5H4AWBa
< Material & Specifications >
- 925 Silver
- Japanese Pearl
- Japanese UV Resin
- Stellux Austrian Crystal
- Length of the chain : 16-inch
(If you want change to 18-inch, please send me a Pinkoi message.)
< Ceramic Jewelry Box >
This is our hand-made ceramic jewelry box designed in collaboration with the ceramic artist Purple Ling.The design was inspired by the Kamcheng of Nyonya wares. In the wedding customs of Baba-Nyonya culture, Kamcheng is mainly used for desserts, which means that the marriage is sweet and happy. We combine the porcelain carving features and shapes of kamcheng into the butterfly logo and put it into the jewelry, conveying our accessories as a sweet recipe for love.
< Product Packaging >
This product comes gift wrapped, making it perfect for presents.
< Care Instruction >
- Please avoid wearing silver jewelry when taking a shower/bath, swimming, or using a spa or hot spring.
- Avoid direct contact with perfumes or cosmetics.
- If silver becomes tarnished as a result of discoloration or oxidation, please use a silver cloth and wipe the jewelry in one direction. This should restore luster to the silver.
- To avoid oxidation, when not wearing, wrap your silver jewelry in tissue papers and put it in a plastic zipper bag.
< Note to customer >
- This is a limited-edition handmade product.
- Please allow for some variation in color as displayed on different devices and screens. Actual colors may vary.
< Shipping Details >
This product only sell in Taiwan.
We consider the ceramic jewelry box is fragile, and this series of ceramic jewelry box is limited edition handmade, broken cannot be re-made, please forgive our desicion!
Handmade in Taiwan by Malaysian Designer.