ShopResponse time: A few hrs.Response rate: 50%
MaterialHow it's madeHandmadeOriginHungaryUnique featuresCustomizableQuantityDown to the last 5
- Listing summaryhandmade rectangular wooden wall clock with fascinating twisty look
The dial of this clock is composed of a sequence of constantly increasing wooden frames, where each one is inserted into the next size while rotated 15 degrees. Each frame bites into the bigger one halfway. This gives the dial a strange whirl look - hence the name.
The direction of the wood grains on each frame rotates together with the frame, and this gives a special interesting shading effect on the surface: some frames look lighter while others darker - however all the frames bear the same colour (see image: Whirl - left side).
- Material: the selection of the raw materials was based on the principle to keep the natural appearance of the wood as much as possible - therefore plywood has been selected for it bears the wood grains still strong and thin enough.
- Manufacturing process: the dial is made of 9 wooden frames that are laser cut from a single 6mm birch plywood, the frames stick in one another like marquetry pieces, the the finishing (polishing) is made by hand. The surface is oiled.
- The movement: is silent / non-ticking, second hand sweeps around. It runs with 1pc. AA type 1.5V battery (not included in the package). Standard hands are plastic in black.
size: 29x29cm (11 1/2" x 11 1/2"),
depth: 3,3cm (1 1/4"),
weight: 0,4kg (0.9lb)
This item is made to order, usual processing time is ~1 week.
- Int'l shipping
Ship from: Hungary Ship to: 1st item 2nd item Other countries/regions FREE S/H
The shipping fee to United States is counted under "Other countries/regions".
- PaymentSecure credit/debit card payment, PayPal, Alipay
Refunds & Exchanges