5 Easy Tartine Recipes Packed with Superfood Nutrients
Pinkoi is Asia's leading marketplace for buying and selling independent design. Discover beautiful design products to decorate your lifestyle. Whether you're buying for yourself or someone special, Pinkoi is the ultimate gift shop for buying unique presents!
Tartines are easy to make, beautiful to look at, and especially appetizing in the warm weather. The best part is it takes just a few ingredients to fully savor the produce flavors. With superfood as ingredients, like figs, kiwis, artichokes and more, you only need bread and five minutes to make a delicious and nutritious open-faced sandwich for brunch and picnic!
These two tips about bread and cheese will get you started:
1. Bread: Freeze any portion of bread you can’t finish right away. When you’re ready to eat, just cut a few slices, spray on some water and toast for five minutes. They’ll taste like a fresh loaf!
2. Cheese: Cheese is often an essential in tartines. Soft cheese like ricotta lasts shorter in the fridge, so finish it as soon as possible. Harder cheese like Grana Padano lasts longer as long as you wrap it tight or put it in a sealable bag or container.
1. Chocolate Kiwi Ricotta Tartine
Kiwi’s superfood nutrients:
Vitamin C, pectin, tannic acid, vitamin B complex, more vitamins, diverse micronutrients, dietary fiber.
Fresh, soft bread pairs best with fruit ingredients. Toasted bread might be too crunchy against the soft fruit slices.
2. Smoked Salmon with Tartar Sauce Tartine
Ingredients: smoked salmon, lemon slices, green tea-infused cornichon, tartar sauce, Nasturtium leaf
Salmon’s superfood nutrients:
Proteins, Omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, iron, zinc, vitamin B complex.
Tartar sauce in its simplest form is mayonnaise, egg, relish, and minced onion blended well. Store in a clean jar and it’ll keep 3 to 5 days.
3. Serrano Ham Tartine
Ingredients: Serrano Ham, kale, Grana Padano cheese, lemon zest, ricotta cheese
Kale’s superfood nutrients:
Rich fiber, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin B6, calcium.
It’s ok not to finish the vacuum sealed Serrano ham at once; just pack it tightly with plastic wrap. But it’s still a good idea to eat it fresh when it taste the best!
4. Fig and Mascarpone Tartine with Truffle Honey
Ingredients: truffle honey, fig, mascarpone, chopped almonds
Fig’s superfood nutrients:
Citric acid, quinic acid, carbohydrates, proteins, amino acids and cellulose.
Honey’s superfood nutrients:
Mineral salts, vitamins, microminerals and amylase, oxidase, reductase, glucose and fructose.
Grab the figs when they’re in season! Drizzle a little honey over figs cut in half—they taste heavenly. Mascarpone pulls everything together with its velvety cream aroma. You can also use ricotta as an alternative.
5. Spicy Anchovies and Artichoke Tartine
Ingredients: artichokes, anchovies, cherry tomatoes, red pepper flakes, sea salt, ricotta cheese
Artichoke’s superfood nutrients:
Rich cynarin, silymarin, bitter principle, polyphenols, caffeic acid
Artichokes are very healthy, but it can be a hassle to prepare. Canned artichokes marinated in salt and olive oil do keep a similar texture and possibly more flavors.
Anchovies are very salty, but you can always ask if there are low-sodium anchovies available. As people get more health-conscious, more low-sodium anchovies from Europe has become available that are more gentle for the palate and the body.
With these superfoods, it’s easy to make a simple meal that’s packed with nutrients. Which one will you be making?
Text/Photos: P&P Food
- Why We Love the Fox & 20 Cute Fox Gifts We Can Look at All Day
- Dark & Mysterious Looks for 8 Types of Witchy Girls
- 8 Basic Feng Shui Tips to Attract Love with Peach Blossom Luck
- 7 Local Creative Hotspots in Asia Travel Destinations
- 4 Wearable Fall/Winter 2017-2018 Fashion Trends We’re Excited About!
We at Pinkoi always cite the bloggers, designers, and content creators whose ideas we post. Any missing credit is unintentional and will be corrected upon notice. If you wish to share our content for personal use, please do so under these conditions:
- Give Pinkoi credit and include a direct link to Pinkoi.com.
- Must stay true to the original article; no word, picture, video and logo can be altered or added.