Planner Decoration Ideas for Fall: Planner Stickers Washi Tapes & More
Beautiful autumn leaves, acorns, red foxes and new outfits! Fall is a great season to try out planner decoration ideas if you’re a beginner or not a big decorator. Why? Because this season has such beautiful orange colors and iconic visuals like pumpkins and falling leaves. Plus, it’s the beginning season in many planners and the beginning of many holidays. Therefore, you’ll want to capture the season’s fun on your planner stickers and paper goods, too!
Simple planner decoration
It’s easy to keep it simple decorating your planner. Instead of using up all the decorating methods in a single week, remember you have so many pages, so simply try one thing at a time. How about an earth-tone washi tape grid? Or a catchy fall phrase calligraphy? Start with these great ideas to try on your monthly, weekly and daily plan layouts!
1. Design catchy fall phrases
“Sweater weather is better weather.” “Pumpkin spice and everything nice.” Use hand-lettering, calligraphy, or simply a pen to write out catchy fall phrases (or whatever you want in earthy or jewel tones!) There are also many hand-lettering or alphabet washi tapes designed for playing with words.
2. Make frames and create sections with washi tape
The easiest way to use washi tape? Keep its original form and frame something! Frame the page borders, frame a photo, frame the weekly grids, or create sections on a blank page. Cut them into different thickness to create variations.
3. Highlight events with object stickers, stamps and washi tapes
4. Create a picture story
You know the feeling you want to use every sticker in a set all at once? That’s because a set tells a story. Use a sticker set to create the visual story you want to tell, whether it’s a woodland story or the picturesque cafe you spent the day.
5. Choose a fall color or fall texture palette
Start with a blank page. Then choose a color palette (we’re inspired to have a pine green to deep peach gradient). Then, choose your tools: pens, colored pencils, washi tape or stickers, etc., and stick to using the colors from that palette. Watch how it transforms a page!
6. Capture the motions of your surroundings
Remember what you see and how you feel. Are leaves falling? Dot the page with tiny stickers too. Seeing piles everywhere (pumpkin piles, leaf piles, cat piles?) Stack a pile of your choice on the page too!
7. Design around a stationery you love
Let’s start creating, one page at a time!
More useful ideas decorating your planner this fall
- Trending Christmas Decorations: Chic Lights, Scented Ornaments & More
- The Touch He can’t Resist! Pick the Perfect Underwear for Your Man
- Spice up Your Summer Styles with the 7 Color Challenge!
- 5 Easy Tartine Recipes Packed with Superfood Nutrients
- Hello, Holiday Sparkles! 10 Earring Styles for Your Year-End Parties
We at Pinkoi always cite the bloggers, designers, and content creators whose ideas we post. Any missing credit is unintentional and will be corrected upon notice. If you wish to share our content for personal use, please do so under these conditions:
- Give Pinkoi credit and include a direct link to Pinkoi.com.
- Must stay true to the original article; no word, picture, video and logo can be altered or added.