Fresh & Colorful Craft Bubble Tea with a hint of Mixology
Pinkoi is Asia's leading marketplace for buying and selling independent design. Discover beautiful design products to decorate your lifestyle. Whether you're buying for yourself or someone special, Pinkoi is the ultimate gift shop for buying unique presents!
Traditional bubble tea menus are long, full of drinks easily made with flavored syrups lining up behind the counter like those for Italian sodas. However, just as craft cocktails made with fresh ingredients have become the norm in San Francisco Bay Area, new generation bubble tea places are also coming up with shorter, curated menus made with fresh juice, organic cream and natural infusions.
A shop called “Teaspoon” limits their milk tea menu to classic house milk tea and creamy jasmine, but adds Thai iced tea—a local staple, though not a bubble tea tradition—to the menu.
They also expand the usually overlooked fruity tea options with tipplish names. Grasshopper is now lychee iced green tea topped with fresh cucumber juice, and Virgin Mojito is fresh mint leaves and key lime in jasmine green tea. There’s even Pina Colada—snow ice topped with pineapple chunks, coconut jelly, and condensed milk!
Designers often remind us to bring new perspectives to existing traditions. As huge bubble tea (a three-decade tradition) fans, we’re always thirsty for new tastes!
- Meet a Pinkoist | Evelyn, the Tarot Reader
- Washable Kraft Paper Fabric: the Leather Alternative for Bags & Crafts
- Camping for Newbies: How to get Started with Casual Car Camping
- 2017 Pinkoi Holiday Market in Taipei is a Wrap! Here’s What We Loved
- Meet a Pinkoist | What It’s Really Like to be a Pinkoist
We at Pinkoi always cite the bloggers, designers, and content creators whose ideas we post. Any missing credit is unintentional and will be corrected upon notice. If you wish to share our content for personal use, please do so under these conditions:
- Give Pinkoi credit and include a direct link to Pinkoi.com.
- Must stay true to the original article; no word, picture, video and logo can be altered or added.