8 Practical Steps to Becoming a Morning Person
Pinkoi is Asia's leading marketplace for buying and selling independent design. Discover beautiful design products to decorate your lifestyle. Whether you're buying for yourself or someone special, Pinkoi is the ultimate gift shop for buying unique presents!
“Meep meep!” Instead of alarm clocks, The Road Runner on Cartoon Network used to be the most effective way to get kids jump out of their beds happily at as early as 6:30 am! Sometimes we can’t help but wonder, what if we can go back in time and become early risers again (just to watch cartoons)? While that’s unlikely, there are a few mind hacks and practical steps that’ll actually do the trick. (We even have a post about sunrise color inspirations!) Come join us and give them a try.
1. Have a morning routine with Drip Bag Coffee
Before going to bed, plan what you’ll have for breakfast the next morning, have your work stuff laid out, and set the time for your coffee machine—knowing what to expect in the morning is more powerful than a single alarm!
2. Have an evening routine with Relax Skincare Set
Develop a relaxation routine such as a simple 15-minute facial or evening showers common in Asia. It’ll make your sleep hours more effective!
3. Give up the snooze button with Table Clock
Dare to switch to an analog alarm clock without a snooze button! Those extra 10 minutes don't really buy you more rest. In fact, the snooze button interferes with your biological clock and might be the reason you couldn’t get up.
4. Have a glass of water by your bed with Drinking Glass
A sip of room-temperature water will cleanse your body, get you hydrated, and gently wake you up.
5. Turn everything off (Unless you prefer a Sheep NIght Light)
Besides turning off the lights, also turn off your electronic devices. Free yourself from distracting notifications and glaring screens, and sleep in the pitch-dark night like our ancestors used to.
6. Deliberately wake up your body with Ace Hotel Tokyobike
From wiggling your toes to stretching to a morning ride, exercises wake up your body and you’ll be trained to look forward to that rush of refreshment.
7. Journal with a Notebook
Same goes for waking up your mind. Do freewriting, dream journaling or write down your priorities for the day. If you know how to declutter your mind, you’ll be less likely to dread the morning hustle. (Also read: 5 Tips to Keep Your Bags Organized)
8. Think Happy thoughts with Yohand Superwoman stickers!
Sunshine & Motivations
- Rain Check? Have Fun Indoors and Out!
- How to Use Greenery 2017 Pantone Color of the Year Color Schemes
- The Shopping Guide to Made in Japan: Get Designs that are Made for You
- Find the Best Christmas Gift for Him Based on His Personality
- Can You Name this Sushi? Find Out with this Cute Nigiri Sushi Quiz!
We at Pinkoi always cite the bloggers, designers, and content creators whose ideas we post. Any missing credit is unintentional and will be corrected upon notice. If you wish to share our content for personal use, please do so under these conditions:
- Give Pinkoi credit and include a direct link to Pinkoi.com.
- Must stay true to the original article; no word, picture, video and logo can be altered or added.